Our Water Damage Experts Will Save Your Boynton Beach Home
Water Removal in Boynton Beach You Can Count On
It is estimated that an average of 14,000 water-related incidents occurs every day. Everything from pipe leaks to appliance failures and other unexpected circumstances can do significant damage to a home by saturating surfaces and making them prone to microbe proliferation. Without professional mitigation, it can be stressful and costly for homeowners to deal with this alone.
If your Boynton Beach home requires rapid water removal, SERVPRO technicians can be at your home with the materials needed to tackle water damage in your residence. Whether you have a water leak in your attic or a damaged roof, technicians work closely with homeowners and insurance adjusters to ensure that everything is done with full transparency per the homeowner's insurance policy.
How Water Affects Insulation Materials
• Cellulose. This plant fiber-based insulation, commonly made of recycled newspaper, is an excellent option for eco-friendliness but can be difficult to clean and restore after water damage occurs.
• Fiberglass. This type of insulation, typically made from water and recycled glass, cannot absorb water to the degree that a plant-based insulation would. Even when exposed to water, it can remain structurally sound and functional, and in many cases, can be restored to its prior condition.
• Cotton. This plant fiber is very prone to moisture collection. Still, it is easier to dry than cellulose insulation and can be treated with the same techniques. Isolated affected areas can be removed, dried, and replaced with ease.
• Spray foam. Closed-cell spray foam insulation provides both an airtight seal and a barrier to moisture. While water cannot infiltrate this material, be sure to find and mitigate leaks before this moisture can reach other parts of the home.
• Foam board. This type of insulation is made from materials similar to what you can find in spray foam insulation. As a result, it is mostly impermeable to water but can still allow surrounding porous materials to be saturated instead.
How SERVPRO Saves the Day
One of the trickiest parts of restoring a water-damaged attic is dealing with insulation. Drying can be complicated by the insulation material used, as well as the presence of sheetrock, which may need demolishing if it is overly damaged. Structural components can be dried with desiccant dehumidifiers, and centrifugal air movers placed every 10 to 16 linear feet along the perimeter of the affected space.
SERVPRO of Boynton Beach is dedicated to leaving your home, “Like it never even happened.” For rapid disaster cleanup within hours of your call, contact a team at (561) 413-9754 today.
For more about Boynton Beach click here.