Contact Our Rapid Response Team Right Away In Boynton Beach After A Flood
Removing Flooding from a Boynton Beach Residence
While Florida residents are no strangers to flooding in many parts of the state, they may be surprised at the cost that can accrue when flooding affects their homes. An inch of floodwater can cause as much as $20,000 worth of damage. On top of that, without thorough mitigation, flooding invites mold and other contaminants that can affect the cleanliness and safety of a structure.
If flooding has affected your Boynton Beach home, IICRC-certified SERVPRO technicians are available to restore your home to a preloss condition. These professionals are prepared 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, including all holidays, so that homeowners can benefit from cleanup that can begin quickly. Choosing this team for cleanup gives you access to certified professionals that have extensive experience in restoring homes after flooding-related disasters.
Meeting With Your Insurance Adjuster
- When meeting with the adjuster, ask for identification. Make sure you have your insurance information, records, and policy number ready for use.
- Communicate with the adjuster via email or in writing so that there are always written records available.
- In the event of large claims, you can hire an independent public adjuster to work on your behalf to mediate the claim.
- Once the adjuster is on your property, they can take measurements and photos, as well as take note of direct flood damages to your home. After that, they can provide you with a flood certification number and a suggested Proof of Loss based on what they found.
- Adjusters cannot approve or deny your claim, nor can they tell you if the insurer has approved your claim. File a claim for additional damages if necessary.
How SERVPRO Can Help
After a disaster occurs, SERVPRO technicians can come to your home with portable, back-mounted extractors to remove water from hard-to-reach areas. Submersible gas-powered sump pumps and truck-mounted pumps are also available for larger areas of water accumulation. Before drying can occur, technicians must thoroughly disinfect surfaces with EPA-registered antimicrobials to prevent the spread of bacteria and microbes through the air.
After disinfection has occurred, surfaces can be prepared for drying. It is especially crucial to ensure that structural materials have adequate ventilation for the process. Substances like gypsum and cardboard in the interior layers of sheetrock can absorb moisture and deteriorate quickly without flood cuts or weep holes to facilitate drying. Air movers can be placed every 10 to 16 linear feet around the affected space at specific angles.
SERVPRO of Boynton Beach can ensure your home looks, "Like it never even happened." Contact a rapid response team at (561) 413-9754 today.
See more about Boynton Beach.